Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Red Light Camera Citation??

When I visited my Aunt last October I ran a red light with my rental car. I JUST got a $25 fee from the car rental company for their ';administrative'; costs. They sent a letter stating that ';we sent your info to the police';. My question is How much is the fine for running a red light in Tucson?? It was one of those cameras that got me and I was not pulled over. I swear it was still yellow when I was going thru it! As I%26#39;m out of state, does anyone know how they proceed to collect any associated fine??



Thanks!



p.s. I%26#39;ll be slowing down at yellows in Tucson from now on...



Red Light Camera Citation??


WOW Beware ~ I just did a search on the Tucson PD website and the fine is $280 for a valid red light violation!



Red Light Camera Citation??


There are only a few intersections in town that have these: Oracle/River, Wilmot/22nd, Valencia/Nogales Highway and Grant/Tanque Verde. You just have to be careful at those.



I%26#39;m fairly certain that they actually have to serve you and prove that you were the one driving the car at the time of the violation, although the latter would be easy since you were the only one who should have been driving (per the rental car contract). But, in Arizona, a mailed notice does not constitute service. It%26#39;s easier to get off if you%26#39;re out of state, but it%26#39;s not certain, as dismissal is up to a judge, in the end.



Basically, it%26#39;s a bit of a gray area. You should search online a bit before signing and, especially, paying anything.




thanks, i appreciate your thoughtful reply and info!




If you receive a ticket it should be accompanied by photos documenting where you were when the light changed, etc. I swore it was yellow too until they provided the photo and showed me I was wrong. My belief is that if you violate the law and get caught you need to pay the penalty. There is a minority in this state who believe that they are above the law and attempt to avoid paying such tickets, but as a guest I would hope that you will follow our laws.




Used to live in Tucson and we will be visiting next month and my mother had warned me about these ';red light'; camera%26#39;s.





I will advise my lead foot husband to slow down!



The ticket will be more then the rental car!


  • recipes cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment