Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Resort/nice hotel near shopping and movie theater

I also posted this in Scottsdale forum to increase my responses - please help if you can.





I am looking for a resort/hotel during July that is located in walking distance to a nice mall and movie theater or game center (or if a shuttle service to a nearby mall is available that would be ok, too).





I had been thinking of one of the Pointe Hilton resorts for a stay with my son and his friend (with me) while I attend a conference in downtown Phoenix but last night my son informed me that he would prefer to stay in a place near a mall and movie theater. Also, fyi to others - I spoke with a representative at the Pointe Squaw Peak who informed me that their shuttle is inoperational at the present time with uncertainty as to when and if will be operational which means they would be stuck at the resort unless they took an expensive cab somewhere.





Anyway, my son says as long as our lodging has a pool and is near things to do it is ok with him. He is not a golfer (other than mini-golf). Thanks for any suggestions.



Resort/nice hotel near shopping and movie theater


Two options for you in Phoenix are...





JWMarriott Desert Ridge (Desert Ridge Marketplace is an outdoor mall - big theater, Dave and Busters, restaurants, etc. http://www.shopdesertridge.com/) Shuttle from resort. It will be a bit of a drive for you to your meetings downtown, but traffic is considerably lighter in the summer and you%26#39;ll be fine if you leave early.





Arizona Grand which I%26#39;ve already told you about. They have a shuttle that can take your son over to Arizona Mills (theater, Gamewerks, etc. http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=1226). It%26#39;s all suites and the water park is very nice. Shorter distance to downtown for you.



Resort/nice hotel near shopping and movie theater


thanks aztchr for your help. I will check into your recommendations. I had kind of discounted the Arizona Grand based on some of the reviews and the pricing which is double both the Pointe Hiltons. I would be willing to pay more for a nicer experience but based on what I read it didn%26#39;t seem that the value for the double price IMHO.





I use to travel on business frequently to Arizona but as I generally stayed in the Sun West area and in Globe, Arizona, I am not very familiar with the Phoenix proper and Scottsdale areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment