Friday, March 30, 2012

Good Market for Bulk Foods, Specialty Items?

Coming to Sedona for a week, have rented a house and am planning on cooking for my family. As I make out my menus and shopping list, I need some local knowledge.





Can anyone recommend a good one-stop supermarket where I might find adzuki beans, mayacoba beans, chayote squash, and a decent bulk foods section?





And do you ever see goat (chivo) in your markets?



Good Market for Bulk Foods, Specialty Items?


New Frontiers in West Sedona on SR89A. I%26#39;ve never noticed goat in the meat section.



Good Market for Bulk Foods, Specialty Items?


If you are driving through Phoenix you might look for items there will definately be cheaper. Phoenix has markets like AJ%26#39;s and Trader joes. The only place I have ever seen goat is at one of the markets in Winslow. The New frontiers would be best then there is also the safeway in Sedona.




dragonflylady, Red Rox, thank you for your replies. The New Frontier it is, then.





Re the goat, is there a Mexican meat market (carniceria) anywhere between Phoenix and Sedona?

No comments:

Post a Comment