Saturday, March 24, 2012

Resort/nice hotel near shopping and movie theater

I am looking for a resort/hotel during July that is located in walking distance to a nice mall and movie theater or game center.





I had been thinking of one of the Pointe Hilton resorts for a stay with my son and his friend (with me) while I attend a conference in downtown Phoenix but last night my son informed me that he would prefer to stay in a place near a mall and movie theater. Also, fyi to others - I spoke with a representative at the Pointe Squaw Peak who informed me that their shuttle is inoperational at the present time with uncertainty as to when and if will be operational.





Anyway, my son says as long as our lodging has a pool and is near things to do it is ok with him. He is not a golfer (other than mini-golf). Thanks for any suggestions.



Resort/nice hotel near shopping and movie theater


I%26#39;ve posted in Phoenix area, but I%26#39;ll give you some info for Scottsdale.





Chaparral Suites and Firesky are a short walk to Fashion Square Mall(2 separate theaters, all indoor which will be nice in July%26#39;s heat - http://www.fashionsquare.com/) Easy drive into downtown. Lots to do at night for you.





HTH and good luck planning :-)



Resort/nice hotel near shopping and movie theater


Thanks again, aztchr for your help. You have given me great ideas for lodging close to a mall/theater and I appreciate the suggestions.




Also, the J.W. Marriott Desert Ridge is a short walk or shuttle ride from Desert Ridge Marketplace, with an AMC Theatre. While it%26#39;s not nearly as big or nice a mall as Fashion Square, it%26#39;s just another option for a fantastic resort in close proximity to shopping/movies (and the movie theater is much better than those at Fashion Square).




Thanks for the help. I ended up booking at the Firesky Resort because of the location next to the Fashion Square Mall and movie theaters plus the complimentary shuttle within 3 miles and the nice pools. The price was less than half the JW Desert Ridge Resort so I am happy with my choice. I won%26#39;t be at the room much anyway because of my conference at the Hyatt and commute time. After my conference we are heading up to Sedona for three nights before heading home.




You%26#39;re very welcome. I hope you have a nice stay here - I know you will love Sedona, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment