Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sedona Photo Opp

Hi!

We are in Sedona just for a day (and perhaps one night) as this is a side trip. We are coming from Taos on our way to Los Angeles.

Our interest is mostly sightseeing and taking loads of pics ~ which areas/places could you recommend has the best view of Sedona?

If in case we need to stay overnight - could you please recommend a budget hotel/motel close to the interstate?

Thanks.

Sedona Photo Opp

You can get a good overview of Sedona from the Airport Mesa. If you intend to take loads of pictures you%26#39;ll want to drive through Oak Creek Canyon (89A to the north), visit the Chapel of the Holy Cross off SR179 (great views) and drive Red Rock Loop Rd off SR 89A in West Sedona. You can do all of these places in a day, but you%26#39;ll need to keep moving along. The closest part of Greater Sedona to I-17 is the Village of Oakcreek (VOC) along SR 179 on the south side of town. There are a few budget motels there including Wildflower Inn and Kokopelli Inn. VOC is about 7-8 miles from I-17.

Sedona Photo Opp

RedRox,

Thank you so much...it%26#39;s great information! I will get me a good map to get a better idea where these places are.

Will I miss anything if we don%26#39;t get to see downtown

Sedona?

Weather-wise, will it be windy during the day? We will be there in October. I will bring my tripod.

Thanks also for your hotel tip!


You%26#39;ll probably end up taking 100 pictures while in Sedona. Dont forget to get a map. Sedona is gorgeous and you%26#39;ll probably want to stay the night after being in such a beautiful place all day. I recently stayed at the Desert Quail Inn,its just outside of Sedona in the Village Of Oak Creek, but the 2 towns are more like one because theyre so close together,they%26#39;re like one. It was a nice hotel and much cheaper than others in the area. If you stay there, a nice place to eat nearby is the Desert Flour Cafe and Bakery, and you can eat outside if the weather is nice. Have fun. Youre gonna love it.


Hi Kozy80~

Thanks for the tips! Photography is my passion, and while I%26#39;m not a pro, I say I take some nice compositions. I don%26#39;t hesitate taking loads of pics; that%26#39;s what makes digital cameras really handy. Just delete those which doesn%26#39;t make the cut. Sedona is probably one of those places I will enjoy recording!

One day I will be back to savor more of Sedona and its neigboring towns.

I will look up for the Quail Inn when I do my hotel/motel accommodations.


There is no downtown in Sedona. We do have an Uptown though. Sedona%26#39;s business districts include many shops and galleries. Some of the galleries offer world class art and collectible items and jewelry. It%26#39;s another reason why people come to Sedona. But if you are coming for only one day on a photo tour, then you can drive right by the shops and galleries and save that for an extended visit when you return.

  • hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment