Saturday, March 24, 2012

Favorite Italian?

My aunt and uncle will be taking us out to dinner for my birthday. They live in Peoria but are willing to drive to Scottsdale, etc. What%26#39;s your favorite ';nice'; Italian dinner? By ';nice'; I mean won%26#39;t feel overdressed in a dress, but not requiring a jacket either.





One place my aunt threw out was Sassi, but it looks pretty pricey--is it worth it? Several years ago we went to Sandalos at the Hyatt Regency, but it looks like it has been renamed. I remember liking it at the time.





If it matters, I generally don%26#39;t eat seafood or cream sauces, so I%26#39;d probably avoid any place where those take up the majority of the menu.



Favorite Italian?


I have not been to Sassi and have heard mixed things. The setting is certainly beautiful, especially this time of year.





Another place to consider is Digestif in Old Town Scottsdale. I like being able to have a predinner cocktail closeby then walk around after dinner. It%26#39;s fun and upscale at the same time. Delicious food. http://www.digestifscottsdale.com/index.php



Favorite Italian?


I too have heard mixed reviews of Sassi - I had appetizers there once and wasn%26#39;t overly impressed, but the setting and the views are absolutely magnificent. Two non-traditional Italian places that I absolutely love are Digestif and Taggia. They%26#39;re both upscale in a hip, relaxed sort of way, but I don%26#39;t think you%26#39;d feel out-of-place in a dress. One more place you might want to consider is Voce - never been there myself, but it%26#39;s gotten pretty good reviews and is supposed to be an upscale supper club, with live music and dancing.




I have been to Sassi and I thought it was EXCELLENT. As others have said...the view and the location is just breath-taking.





Another favorite of mine is Italian Grotto, right in Old Town Scottsdale. A great place, fun, not too high-end, but still nice.




Another vote here for Italian Grotto in old Scottsdale.




Tutti Santi would be my vote. They have three locations in the valley -- I%26#39;ve been to the one in Scottsdale and the one in Phoenix multiple times, and have always had an excellent meal. The service is always impeccible. My husband is of italian decent--we%26#39;ve been to many italian restaurants before trying Tutti Santi, and have tried a couple since, but none compare to Tutti Santi. FYI, they also have a location in Glendale, that I%26#39;m sure is equally as wonderful, and I don%26#39;t like seafood either.




Sassi is EXCELLENT, and, yes, in capital letters. If you would like something more reasonable, though a chain, I have found Maggiano%26#39;s Little Italy reasonable in price and excellent in service, ambiance and food. The only location in the Phoenix area is North Scottsdale at the intersection of Scottsdale Rd. and Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd.




La Fontanella is an authentic, moderately priced local restaurant with great food. It is small. It is located on 4231 E. Indian Church Road not far from Old Scottsdale. Maggiano%26#39;s is good too, but, it is a chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment