Saturday, March 24, 2012

Itinerary and Hotel help

Hello,





Well I have finally booked and managed to get flights into Phoenix rather than Vegas, landing around lunchtime. The plan is to drive up to Sedona after picking the hire car up, staying the night, then taking the next day to drive up to the grand canyon.





I am booked into the Best Western Sedona at the moment, although as we need two rooms, I can get a 2 bed villa at Best Western Arroya for the same price, or I could take the bodget option for the Kings Ransom Motel which would be about 1/2 the cost. Can anyone give me any feedback on these choices. We like a bit of piece and quiet rather than being in the middle of things.





2nd question is the best itinery for the drive from sedona to GC. We have the day to do it so we should have plenty of time to stop and look around a few places. I will have a 7 and 6 year old in tow, and this will be at the end of June. We are going to Zion after the GC so will be leaving by the East gate.





Thanks.





CEC3



Itinerary and Hotel help


it%26#39;s always quiet at night in sedona. Pick the best choice for your budget. You have so little time in Sedona anyway. Stop at Bell Rock and the Chapel of the Holy Cross on your way into town. then leave the next day via Oak Creek Canyon. ideally, you could do a jeep tour in the morning before you leave town.



Since you%26#39;ll be leaving GCNP via east gate, go in via the main gate at Tusayan. Take 180 out of Flagstaff to get there. Then spend as much time as you can in the GCNP.



Itinerary and Hotel help


We have 2 nights in the GC so we will have a full day there. I am glad I will be able to see a little bit of sedona. I was really keeping my fingers crossed for some good flights to come up for Phoenix rather than Vegas.





Although I am thinking about doing a jeep tour, with 4 adults and 2 kids it will cost quite a bit, so I was wondering more about self-tour options. The other thing is my Dad is on Warfarin (blood thinner) at the moment, so I am not sure how suitable an off road tour would be for him.




Suggest you check with PJT direct. There is some jostling about, but maybe you could ask if some seats would be better than others for him. Seems I sat next to a bar, but the middle seat did not have one-or maybe the front passenger seat would be better.




Front passenger seat is always the smoothest and best for those wishing to minimize motion.




Thanks for the advice.




CEC, for self-tour options, you can drive all over Sedona and %26#39;tour til ya drop%26#39; with a Red Rocks Pass. You can purchase one when you get to Sedona, check the visitors center. And its just 5 dollars a day. When you have the pass you can stop at the scenic view spots like Bell Rock and get out of the car, walk around, and/or hike. And with the pass you can drive the dirt roads, get a map and you%26#39;ll find them. A jeep or suv would be best for the dirt roads but I did see cars on them.




It is purely personal preference, but I would take the Best Western over King%26#39;s Ransom, and then drive up through Oak Creek Canyon on my way to GC


  • facebook.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment