Friday, March 23, 2012

Sedona Sightseeing w/ Mobility Issues...

Mobility issues are my own...stress fracture that requires wearing a walking boot/cast (no crutches) for next 4 weeks. My wife and I will be staying at Enchantment for business reward and I was looking for possible sightseeing that can be with someone who plods along. We have a group Pink Jeep-Broken Arrow trip planned for first full day...will that be a problem for me? Timing sucks but I plan to make the most of this opportunity to see this beautiful part of the world. Thanks. JCK

Sedona Sightseeing w/ Mobility Issues...

You should be OK. I%26#39;d suggest that you request the front passenger seat in the jeep. That seat will minimize the bouncing for you and hopefully reduce the reaction to brace yourself with your bad foot and boot.

Obviously your hiking will be minimized but you%26#39;ll find easy access to most attractions and sightseeing spots around Sedona. I would also advise Enchantment ahead of time about your situation. Most rooms and cassitas require a walk of some sort. They do have courtesy carts and will assist you, but I%26#39;m sure they will also try to find accomodations with easy access if you ask.

Have a good trip.

Sedona Sightseeing w/ Mobility Issues...

Thank you for your help. We are driving from Phoenix and was wondering your thoughts on routes. I realize that 260 route to Enchantment might be quicker but is the drive up 179 better for scenery? Any spots along the way that might be good for old gimpy...me?

Thanks. We are really excited to see your part of the world!! JCK


SR 179 is absolutely the more scenic route to use when entering Sedona from PHX. You%26#39;ll pass Bell Rock and you can stop at the Chapel of the Holy Cross. You will have to drag that boot up a short paved sidewalk to get to the Chapel itself, but I promise, you will be glad you did. If you have a handicapped tag for your car you can park right at the base of the sidewalk, or you can let your driver drop you and park just below while you wait for them to join you.

The only downside to entering on 179 is the road construction between Chapel Rd and SR 89A. However, the traffic only slows to about 20-30 mph and you%26#39;ll be slowing down to gaze at the scenery anyway.

  • domain web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment