Friday, March 23, 2012

Which Embassy Suites?

I am trying to decide between the Embassy Suites Biltmore and the Embassy Suites Phoenix-Scottsdale in the Paradise Valley area. Which one is the nicer of the two and recommended for a one to two night stay? I would like to have a room with a view, a nice pool area and shops/movie theaters nearby. Thanks.



Which Embassy Suites?


Didn%26#39;t you post that you already booked at the Firesky? Are you over thinking this trip?



Which Embassy Suites?


Yes, I did but that is for a one week stay and then we are going to Sedona. After I am looking to use my hotel points for a one or possibly two night stay before we fly home. I am looking at these two because as I travel on business I am sick to death of airport hotels.





Also, if you are interested - for those of us who travel a lot on business and are away from our families - participating in these forums sure helps the time pass by versus vegging out in front of the tv or spending money shopping at the mall. I would appreciate any help to answer my question.




Sorry. You got me confused. But I%26#39;m with you. I%26#39;m watching March Madness right now and hopefully helping you. I like Paradise Valley, but the locals in PHX might know more about proximaty to movie theatres. I have a feeling that Biltmore might be better for that part of your plan.



Have a great trip!




Hey velvetred! I know both areas well and have stayed at the Biltmore ES but not the PV one.





Biltmore is a good central location right next to Biltmore Fashion Park (lovely outdoor mall with several good restaurants) and across the street from from the Esplanade 14 theater complex. It%26#39;s a cool kind of retro building with a big atrium with a koi pond running through it. That%26#39;s where they serve breakfast and cocktails. The pool is adequate, but not exciting. You won%26#39;t have good views. It caters to more of a business crowd because of its location near 24th and Camelback high rise corridor.





The PV hotel is right on Stone Creek Golf Course so you will have nice views if you are up high and face south. The pool area is nice as well. It%26#39;s on a little loop road that runs around Paradise Valley Mall area. Chain restaurants, etc. nearby but the only theater closed several years ago. You%26#39;d have to drive north to Loop 101 for movies.





Let me know if you need any other info about the areas. Either would be a good choice - they%26#39;re just different.




I%26#39;ve stayed at both of them. There%26#39;s equally as much dining, shopping, movies. etc. Shopping may be better at PV Mall area. But I%26#39;d flip a coin. I can%26#39;t think of anything that distinguishes one over the other.




Both would be fine, though I%26#39;d pick the Biltmore location. There are movie theatres within walking distance and many good (and a few very good) restaurants in that area. No driving required, really. The PV area referenced is NOT the Town of Paradise Valley (where Sanctuary and Camelback Inn are located) but an area of north Phoenix. Not bad at all, but the area around that hotel will have more chain restuarants and a very good, but unspectacular, shopping mall.




For one night I know where to stay is really not too big of a deal, but I appreciate your comments all the same. Maybe this thread will help some other traveler. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment