Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Glen Canyon float trip

Has anyone done the smooth water raft trip from Page? I was looking at it on-line and had thought it might be interesting to get another perspective on the area, without the white-water stuff, lol! But the price seems maybe just a bit steep, so hadn%26#39;t yet decided.



I%26#39;m also interested in seeing the petroglyphs the website talks about. Does the tour spend more than just a few minutes there? Are you close enough to get decent photos?



Anyone have a rough guesstimate of weather mid-April?



Thanks!



Glen Canyon float trip


We have done the trip twice, but it has been a number of years. You are close enough to the petroglyphs to get photos, and as I recall, you spend a decent amount of time there. We really enjoyed it.



There are many places you can drive to to view petroglyphs, if that is your main objective.



Glen Canyon float trip


I also did the half-day float trip several years ago. I loved it and may do it again this year.....actually maybe in April :-)





As I recall they stopped for about 20 minutes for potty, stretch your legs and see the petroglyphs break. You might want to call or e-mail the tour company directly if you want to know specifics.





I stayed at Lake Powell for the entire month of April a couple years ago. While it was generally very nice weather, we did get a wide array throughout the month. Some beautiful days, some very windy days, some quick short storms passing through. I wouldn%26#39;t worry about the weather.





After you do the float trip, you can drive just a couple miles south of Page on Hwy 89 and walk out to Horseshoe Bend overlook to look over the edge of the canyon and see where you floated. That%26#39;s a beautiful sight too!




When you stop at the petroglyphs, you are close enough to touch them although you are not allowed to. I loved the float trip, it was very peaceful and very beautiful. It was worth the money. The ride to the base of the dam and back to the office after the float trip was also very interesting. Since I did the trip a 2 years ago a new outfitter is doing the float trips, I imagine it would be very much the same.




Thanks for the replies ... I think we%26#39;ll probably do it :-)




Where are the petroglyphs that you can drive to?

No comments:

Post a Comment