Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Renting a car

I will be driving to the Grand Canyon from Vegas. Would I be ok with a regular rental car or is it recommended to rent an SUV?





Thanks for your advice!



Renting a car


If you are going to the South Rim (Grand Canyon National Park), you are fine with a regular car. It is a good paved road all the way (part of it freeway, part 2-lane highway).



Renting a car


Thanks a lot! This helps (and saves me some $$).



Maybe you could answer another question for me? Lodging inside the park is fully booked so I am looking at Tuscayan. There is a Best Western and a Holiday Inn Express, both of which have very mixed reviews. Any ideas / suggestions?





Thanks again.




I%26#39;m not sure about either of those hotels, but don%26#39;t give up on accomodations within the park. I%26#39;d recommend booking at one of those 2 places (esp. if you only need a card to secure it, not an actual deposit), then, again, just keep checking on openings within the GCNP.




Hi Curioisness,



If you have been checking on the lodging in the park on the web only, call. Cancelations do not always make it to the web site. I have found the people on the phones to be very helpful. (888) 297-2757



Enjoy your trip!




Definitely keep trying by phone for rooms inside the park.



I stayed at the Tusayan Holiday Inn Express about 18 months ago and found it rather pleasant and the staff extremely helpful (although I%26#39;m usually no HI fan).


  • wrinkle eye cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment