Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort

We are coming in June for a conference any thoughts on this place.



Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort


I%26#39;ve stayed there several times in the past. I have no complaints. Its got a nice area to walk around, swimming pools are great, the spa is nice. Its a good location lots to do in the area. It would be easier if you had specific questions. But I%26#39;ve never had any problems myself.



Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort


My Lady is attending a convention and I am a long for the ride. I will have time to kill during the day but no private transportation. Laying around the pools getting sloshed is fun one day but will get me in trouble. I don%26#39;t golf or tennis and as a city boy, I think that horses are some kind of cow.





My usual mischief in Las Vegas, a place I know well won%26#39;t fly there.




I%26#39;d definitely get a car, for at least a few daytrips. Most major hotels have at least 1 rental car property on site, I%26#39;d imagine this one does too. You could easily head to Sedona, do some hikes around Oak Creek Canyon, etc. Or head out to the Apache Trail to Tortilla Flat. If you rented off-airport, you%26#39;d avoid some of the airport taxes/fees (maybe around $35-50/day, far less than cabs would cost).





I couldn%26#39;t imagine trying to use the public bus system, especially in the warm summer months (waiting for connections, etc). If you are into biking or running, you could do those, early in the day, but you wouldn%26#39;t want to rely on either to get around.




I agree about the getting a car bit. A cab is pricy in Phx. Sedona is 1 1/2 hr give or take. Theres the rock art museum on Deer Valley Rd, the Heard Museum downtown. Tons of sports bars. You can also check out the local events at www.azcentral.com click on the calander for when you are going to be here. Just get a little compact car for puttin around town in, nothing fancy.




Well a new place for me to explore. Is it in the city or off by itself?




Its in the city.




I better do some homework.




The hotel is in the Phoenix city limits, but quite a distance from downtown Phoenix. It is close to the Moon Valley part of town. You access the resort from 7th Street, as it cuts through a mountain pass. You won%26#39;t really be able to walk anywhere, there is a shopping center at 7th St/Thunderbird, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile north of the resort entrance.




Like I said homework. My atlas does not give topo details. I will get a book or 3 and check back with you next week. Thanks to all for your help and if anyone is headed to Vegas just let me know..




There are some great trails that you hike too. It is really pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment