Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Traffic from Ventana Canyon to sight seeing destinations

I probably should have asked this question before I booked a condo. The place we rented is in Ventana Canyon. Are there certain hours that we should avoid driving? It looks like a lot of the places we plan to visit (Sonoran Desert Museum, Saguaro NP, Titan Missile, Bisbee, Tombstone) are South of where we are staying. Thanks!



Traffic from Ventana Canyon to sight seeing destinations


The traffic in that area isn%26#39;t terribly bad except around peak periods: 8 - 9am and 4:30 - 5:30pm. I know that Ina Road westbound backs up at Oracle in the afternoon, and the signals along Sunrise get bad about that time as well.



I wouldn%26#39;t think that it should disrupt you too much though.



hth



Traffic from Ventana Canyon to sight seeing destinations


Do you want directions to all those places, or does renting a condo include concierge services? Your primary driving direction is going to be south from the area of Ventana to the sights you have listed. You will encounter traffic at the times Colin listed, but you won%26#39;t likely be driving on Sunrise or Ina.



Arizona Sonora Desert Museum and Saguaro NP West - south from Ventana on Kolb Rd to Sabino Canyon Rd to Tanque Verde Road west which becomes Wilmot Rd. South on Wilmot to Speedway. West on Speedway all the way across Tucson to the Tucson Mountains to Gates Pass Road, and then follow directions in the park. There are other routes, however construction on some, and all will end up on Speedway. 45-60 minutes to ASDM.



Bisbee and Tombstone - south from Ventana on Kolb Rd to Sabino Canyon Rd to Tanque Verde Road east, take turnoff to Pantano Road South to Speedway Blvd. east to Houghton Road South to I-10 east. Exit for Hwy 80 in Benson. Hwy 80 south to Tombstone and Bisbee. 1.5 hours to Tombstone.




Titan Missile Museum - Sunrise Rd. west to Swan Rd. South to Golf Links Rd. Golf Links becomes Alvernon Way South. Continue to I-10. I-10 west to I-19 South to Duval Mine Rd. About 45 minutes. On return, exit San Xavier Road at Santa Cruz River (dry) and visit MisiĆ³n San Xavier, one of the most beautiful Spanish missions in the Americas.




Thank you ColinAZ and BobBear. Bobbear, I appreciate all of the detailed directions to places and I have searched the forum for more information on all of those places. I have a question about Chiracahua but I%26#39;m thinking I should do a separate post. Thanks too for helping with my questions on Sedona/GCNP.




We%26#39;ve stayed in Ventana Canyon and I would suggest taking Ina/Sunrise all the way to Highway 10 and then go south to Speedway and then out to Sonoran DEsert Museum and Sahuaro NP. We find that traffic in Tucson for the most part is always bad. People just are not in a hurry. RON




The last person%26#39;s directions would take you out of the way even if I-10 was not under construction. As one goes west on Sunrise and Ina, one goes somehwat further north. I-10 itself is in a diagonal direction going northwest from downtown. So, if one took Sunrise and Ina to I-10, and then to Speedway, one would be returning east as well as south. I-10 is also under construction at this time and for several more years. The best routes across town right now are to ';drop down'; from Sunrise on Kolb/Sabino Canyon, Craycroft (partially under construction) or Swan to major E-W streets.


  • wrinkle eye cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment