Wednesday, April 25, 2012

needing help for brief stay in Pheonix

Visiting Phoenix beginning of April, the only places we need to be are the airport and the raceway in Avondale (attending the Nascar race on April 12th).



While I am sure this city has many fabulous things to offer, we haven%26#39;t really planned an itinerary for the brief time we are there (Fri.- Mon.).



Narrowing down a hotel has been a challenge for me.



Can someone advise me about whether there is an area we should be avoiding in terms of safety/security ?



There are 3 adults and 1 toddler traveling in our party.



needing help for brief stay in Pheonix


I would narrow your search to Goodyear or Avondale if all you need is access to the track. Both are easily accesible from I-10 (from the airport) and offer a wide variety of hotel options with surrounding restaurants and shopping. Your commute from there to the track is about 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic.



needing help for brief stay in Pheonix


There are many national chain hotels such as Hampton Inn, Residence Inn, Motel 6, Courtyard by Marriott, etc. along I-10 between downtown Phoenix and the racetrack.





I would AVOID anything between I-17 and about 83rd Av. That part of town is dicey. The farther west you go, the newer the hotels are.





There%26#39;s a Radisson, I believe, at Westgate in Glendale (where the Super Bowl is being played this week.) That would be my first choice if I were you.





Closer to the airport, the Airport Marriott on 44th street is great. The neighborhood is nothing special, but it%26#39;s o.k.




Thank you, your feedback is appreciated (particularly the radius of the ';dicey'; area). I am finding the hotels nearest the racetrack are booked up... but am continuing to search. Haven%26#39;t looked much into the Radisson you mentioned.





Would it be a super long drive to the racetrack if we were to stay near the airport ? I see the distance but of course have NO sense of what traffic would be like along I-10 ? I ask because a Marriott near the airport was appealing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment