Monday, April 23, 2012

Zion, Grand Canyon, MV...

Hi everyone!





My mother and I are going to visit this area in March. I%26#39;d like to know if the trip I%26#39;m presently planning is ';doable';. :) We are renting a car in LV for a week.





The places where we sleep are in parenthesis.





1 - Montreal to LV, LV to St George, Utah (St George)



2 - Zion NP (Springdale)



3 - Zion NP, Springdale to Page (Page)



4 - Antelope canyon 9h30, Navajo NM (Kayenta)



5 - Monument Valley am, Grand canyon pm until sunset (Grand Canyon)



6 - Grand Canyon, Grand Canyon to Kingman (Kingman)



7 - Kingman to Las Vegas am (Las Vegas)



8 - The trip is already finished... we head back home!





Do you guys think my trip is ok? Are there too many things? Should I add or skip something?





Thanks in advance for your advices!







mv









Zion, Grand Canyon, MV...


Instead of St. George, I would go directly to Springdale and spend 2 nights there.



Also 2 nights in Grand Canyon and none in Kingman (unless you have a specific reason for a stopover). So much to see in GC, and the drive from there to LV is easily doable in one day.



Other than that, it looks good to me.



Zion, Grand Canyon, MV...


Nothing against St. George (we even stayed 3 nights in november)but I agree with Bayoute, make it to Springdale directly. Also, from Zion to Page is some 2.5 hours and a visit to Antelope Slotcanyon is best midday. So maybe drive directly from Zion to Antelope (on az98 east of Page). After your visit you%26#39;ll have the time to see Horseshoe bend overlook and the views on Glen Canyon Dam same day.



If you want to visit Navajo NM on your way and see MV, I suggest to stay next night in MV or in Kayenta.



So maybe:



Day 1: Las Vegas-Springdale



Day 2: Zion NP



Day 3: Zion to Page, see Antelope etc.



Day 4: Page-Navajo NM-Monument Valley



Day 5: Monument Valley to GCNP



Day 6: GCNP



Day 7: GCNP to Las Vegas



Day 8: Home, planning your next trip.



You can%26#39;t go wrong with this.



Keep in mind, you%26#39;ll loose one hour between Las Vegas and Zion, you%26#39;ll gain one hour between Zion and Page, you%26#39;ll loose one hour between Page and Monument Valley and you%26#39;ll gain one hour between Monument Valley and GCNP. GCNP has same time as Las Vegas. That is: Between march 9 and november 2 (DST)



Hope I didnot confuse you.



Tet




Thanks for your advices!



Yes, it is a better idea to drive directly to Springdale, this way we%26#39;ll be closer to Zion. On the way to Springdale, where should we stop for a supermarket?





I%26#39;m not sure about the time issues. Since we are going before March 9th, how will time work in this area? Also I heard that Navajos do not use the same time as Arizona, is that true? It would affect my visit to MV I guess.





Last question: Should I book all my hotels soon or should I wait? I saw that prices dropped since I started planning my trip.





Yay, only a few weeks left!



Thanks again,







mv




No daylight saving time before march 9, so 1 hour between Nevada and Arizona/Utah and also same time in Arizona and Navajo Nation. Az does not observe daylight saving time but Navoja Reservation does. Rather complicated. So before march 9 count on Mountain Standard time (Az, Utah) and Pacific Standard time (Nv, and Cal.).



Make your reservation at GCNP asa possible.



Tet




Ok. I think I get it!





So let%26#39;s say it%26#39;s noon in Las Vegas, it%26#39;ll be 1pm in both Utah and Arizona (including Najavo Nation), right?




Right!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment