Thursday, April 19, 2012

must be the water

I am also going to stay in Sedona alone. 1)March or April? 2) moderate but nice lodgings? 3)How long is a good stay in Sedona? 4) I am traveling for a month and want to combine other sights within driving range. I picked GC as one but I wanted to see Taos or Santa Fe, how far are these towns from Sedona? 5) Any other advice on rental cars, sights, hikes, bikes, etc. would be so appreciated. Thanks, solsrch



must be the water


I would suggest you get a good large format road atlas so you can see where things are located. Santa Fe is 410 miles and 7 hours from Sedona, and Taos another 70 miles further.



must be the water


Thanks, Bear. I knew SF was a far distance, I didn%26#39;t know how far. Now I am thinking I should do a driving trip from Chicago to SF,Taos to Sedona, GC and then home again. I definitely will look at my atlas but if anyone has ideas of interest along that kind of a route I would appreciate your knowledge. I wish I had a small RV. Maybe I will also check into a rental, but for a month would be really steep...Thanks, solsrch




Chicago to Taos/Santa Fe, Sedona and Grand Canyon sounds like good choices. Of course, there are many things to see in between Chicago and Arizona!





March can still be cold in northern AZ (high elevation), so I would suggest April.





Amount of time spent in Sedona depends on your interests. We have tons of great hiking/biking trails, art galleries, Indian Ruins, etc. I would plan at least 3 full days....more if you want to go on several hikes.





Search the forums in each town for things to do. There are many posts with that info.





Not sure what info you need on rental cars. Aren%26#39;t you driving your own car?




I will use my own car and I will stay at least 3 days in Sedona. My biggest concern is that I allow myself a manageable, if not serene pace with all that I want to see in one month. I will look at the other forums for suggestions of ';must sees and dos'; and I will plan my route from Chicago to SF with the idea there is something to see along the way...Thanks for the input, keep %26#39;em comin%26#39;, Peace, solsrch

No comments:

Post a Comment