Thursday, April 19, 2012

Road trip Vegas-Zion-Page-GC-Sedona-Vegas

Hi - Hope Bobbear, Tet14 or anyone else can give me some input on my 7 day road trip to the Grand Canyon.



Arrive Vegas 3/17 6am -Renting a van and taking off to Zion after breakfast, 2 night Zion/Bryce, 1 night Page, 2 night at GC, 2 Sedona back to Vegas on 3/23 or 3/24. I don%26#39;t have to rush since I%26#39;ll be staying in Vegas for another 4 days. I will be traveling with my three - 11 yr olds and 80 yr old mother. Do you think this is too fast a trip with this age group? I was able to book lodging at GCSR but am looking for something reasonable in the Sedona area. Is 2 days at Zion and/or GC too long for 11 yr olds? We do not do any strenuous hiking activities - more into sight-seeing. Any input would be appreciated. PS. I can NOT drive in snow... any chance of snow around that time frame? Thanks ahead of time!



Road trip Vegas-Zion-Page-GC-Sedona-Vegas


Try Sky Ranch Lodge in Sedona. Great views, relatively moderate price for this town.





Your trip sounds doable, as long as your group doesn%26#39;t mind changing hotels every other day, packing/unpacking, etc.





I think 2 nights in Zion/Bryce and 2 night at GC will be fine. You don%26#39;t want to feel like you%26#39;re just doing a drive-by. Check to see if the national parks have ranger programs for the kids.





Yes, there is still a chance of snow in March in some areas of your trip. Sorry to tell you that. I guess you could stay in Las Vegas longer if it snows elsewhere. On the up side, snow brings awesome beauty to the areas you will visit!



Road trip Vegas-Zion-Page-GC-Sedona-Vegas


A agree with Janss. It%26#39;s certainly doable. You said 2 nights Zion/Bryce. Do you mean one night in Zion and one night in Bryce? Bryce is at a much higher elevation than Zion, so before you go check on snow in Bryce. (If roads are clean you must go to Bryce, nothing beats snow on the Hoodoo%26#39;s). We took my 80 years old mother on a trip to Switserland many years ago and it was the trip of her life. You%26#39;ll never know if there will be another opportunity. Have a great trip!



Tet

No comments:

Post a Comment