Thursday, April 19, 2012

trekking poles -what is your opinion?

We have heard you can rent them somewhere at the park. Does anyone know where that is and how much they are? Are there plenty, or do you run the chance of their not being any?





37, 18, 17, 15, 12 year old going to the bottom and camping March 17



trekking poles -what is your opinion?


I believe you rent them at the Canyon Marketplace, the big general store in Grand Canyon village (near Yavapai Lodge, inside the park). You could call and ask about the price. Phone number is on the park website.





But have you hiked with poles before? If not, you may not want/need them. I%26#39;ve not seen kids hiking with poles---they think it is nerdy.



trekking poles -what is your opinion?


I agree with CanyonMari, you don%26#39;t see too many kids at the Grand Canyon with hiking poles. I would recommend a set for you though, they save wear and tear on your knees alot.





As long as your kids are in good shape and not overweight I would think they will do just fine without poles. I hope all of you will have a great time at the Grand Canyon.




Now that the cartilage in both my knees is shot, I use hiking poles. Wish I had started using them years ago, as I might have better knees today.





I picked up some cheapies at Walmart to try out the concept before buying expensive ones. Turns out they%26#39;re all I need and have held up well.




Thanks for the info. Actually, my DH is the one who will be going to the bottom (and camping out) with most of the kids. Daughter #2 and I will hike down part way with them and then back up to ';rough it'; in the room.





i%26#39;ll go check them out at Wal-mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment