Thursday, April 12, 2012

Travel Ideas? Only going for 3-4 days

Hi,



I%26#39;m thinking of heading to Arizona for a break from our cold, snowy weather in Ontario. I%26#39;m actually thinking early February (from the 6th on) but my dates are flexible. I know it%26#39;s not really hot in Arizona at this time of year, but it looks like its about 65 degrees or so, which sounds quite nice. I%26#39;m sorry if someone has already asked this question, but there are a lot of posts to go through so I may have missed this already.



Would it be much warmer if I wait to go early March instead? I%26#39;d prefer to go sooner (I can%26#39;t go the last 2 weeks of Feb but its spring break season anyway so $$$), I just don%26#39;t know what to expect.





Also, I haven%26#39;t selected a place yet...I%26#39;m thinking either Pheonix or Tuscon, but I%26#39;d prefer less big-city so I%26#39;m not sure. I was in Sedona once before for a day, it%26#39;s beautiful there and not as big, but what%26#39;s the weather like since itsa bit further North? That would be my ultimate destination I think. I LOVE the red rock country and have wanted to go back since I was there a few years ago. I was at the Grand Cayon already and I may not have more than a couple days, so I%26#39;ll likely skip that this time around.





I would love to stay at a ranch or a resort type place, as opposed to a big city hotel or downtown anywhere but I can%26#39;t afford anything too pricey. Are the resorts and such really expensive at this time of year?





Any help/advice/suggestions would be appreciated.





Thanks!



:) The Roadtripper







Travel Ideas? Only going for 3-4 days


Unfortunately Sedona won%26#39;t be reliably warm until later in the spring. If you want warm waether in Feb or March I would stay in PHX or Tucson. The downside of your request is about pricing. It%26#39;s the season in AZ. This is the time of year when EVERYONE wants to do what you%26#39;re thinking about doing. So expect the prices to be at their highest, especially at resorts.



Travel Ideas? Only going for 3-4 days


Hello Redrox,



Thanks so much for your reply. I didn%26#39;t realize even Southern Arizona wasn%26#39;t as warm at this year as I had previously thought. But thanks for the info, I have changed my plans and going elsewhere for Feb but I am excited to be going to back to beautiful Arizona late May. I know that will be very hot and likely full of tourists then but still looking forward to going back after 5 years.





Thats so nice of you to help others out and provide info/your opinion etc on here, it%26#39;s very helpful and very much appreciated. You (and others on here who answer questions on here, there%26#39;s so much to read!) make trip planning much easier and have encouraged me to get onto my own city%26#39;s page and answer questions there too (I%26#39;m very new to tripadvisor so just reading lots right now).





Thanks again,



theRoadtrippergal




On behalf of RedRox, thank you. He%26#39;s in Australia now and is enjoying real hot weather escaping the Sedona cold-lol-



Tet




When you come in late May, the weather in Sedona will be gorgeous! Phoenix, however, will probably be pushing 100 degrees! Most of the tourists as well as snowbirds will be gone from Phoenix by then. As a loose rule of thumb, the weather in Sedona is generally 10 degrees fahrenheit cooler than it is in Phoenix. Tucson is usually a couple of degrees cooler, but when you get up into the 100%26#39;s in doesn%26#39;t really make much difference IMO! Of course if you%26#39;ve been here before you know all about the ';but it%26#39;s a dry heat'; thing as well :)




Remember Tet, dont send folks to Tucson in the middle of feb.. The Gem show fills every hotel and resturaunt in town for at least 3 weeks !!!




Thanks guys your info on the weather etc and regions, much appreciated. I%26#39;ve been to Sedona, but it was mid summer so I wasn%26#39;t sure about early/mid Spring weather. I%26#39;ve never been further south than Sedona/Flagstaff so I wasn%26#39;t sure how much hotter it was compared to these areas. I figured Pheonix/Tuscon was quite a bit warmer. I%26#39;m likely going to tour the entire southern region and maybe head to nevada/California from there (I';m renting a car from Las vegas and doing a roadtrip of the area). I thought if I go to Arizona in May it%26#39;ll be good camping weather too, but not as busy as tourist season in the summer. Originally I was looking at going around now, mid Feb, but I%26#39;m sure it%26#39;d be much too cold at night to sleep outside ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment