Saturday, March 24, 2012

Car Rental at Phoenix Airport

I would like to know if I can find better deals on car rental from the Phoenix airport.

I%26#39;ve done my homework but still failed to find a better deal than what I have now. I have booked with Alamo with coupon and corp discount, still comes out to $55 w/ tax per day for a mid size car.

This is the most expensive car rental that I%26#39;ve had....Not sure why it%26#39;s so expensive to compare to other states.

Thanks.

Car Rental at Phoenix Airport

I have always had good luck with reserving a car thru either travelocity.com or smartertravel.com

I%26#39;ve never had a problem with either one and have used them quite often.

SJG

Car Rental at Phoenix Airport

There are a lot of variables here. Taxes and fees at the Phoenix airport are as high as Chicago. The type of car is a factor. When you are renting is very important. Rates are higher during periods of demand. Right now is peak season. Car rental companies are aware of sporting events, conventions, etc., and raise prices when those are happening. How far ahead of time you book is also important as rates go up as inventory goes down for a specific period.

For right now in March, I get $55 in Travelocity as a very good rate at the airport. A month from now I see $30.

In Phoenix you can sometimes save money by taking a taxi to an off-airport location. Check the car rental company web sites for locations. Caveat: in some cases you cannot return the car to the airport and keep the same rate.

Phoenix also has light rail accessible by a shuttle from the airport, but at present there are only a few rental locations in downtown Phoenix at hotels, and they are not always open other than 8-5.


I have found similarly high rates for our Sept. trip. Thought about dropping the car for a fe days at the end of the trip or taking a taxi to an off site location. But factoring all that in (taxis to and fro, etc) it didn%26#39;t seem worth it.

I presently have a reservation with Fox rentals at the airport. If anyone has feedback on them I%26#39;d appreciate it. I may try my luck on Priceline as the trip gets closer to see if I can better my rate.


You might want to do a google search for reviews for Fox Car Rentals. I know back when we made our rental reservation that there were very mixed reviews, however, that could have all changed by now.


thanks I will consider those. better get busy on Priceline!


Two car rental companies I would not use are Fox and Payless. I have never used either, but friends have recently with poor results. Two weeks ago some friends had a Payless rental; it had dents, was dirty inside, and ran poorly. Same for another friend some months ago from Fox.


Yes, they are getting highway robbery rates for cars in Phoenix. I gagged when I booked for our upcoming trip (this Saturday arrival) at $200 total for 8 days. Rates now are running nearly $100/day!!!


';Two car rental companies I would not use are Fox and Payless.';

Another to add to your list of ';avoid at all costs'; would be Advantage. I%26#39;ve had three reservations with them through CarRentals.com . . . and have had all three cancelled (Hawaii - twice) or simply not honored (Orlando).

They are a joke of a company, lowballing rental rates and then not around to fulfill the reservation.


$200 total for 8 days is very reasonable.

I have checked rates several times recently and have not seen rates of $100 or more per day except for specialty vehicles.


Identical reservation with same rental company today:

Pick-UpSaturday, March 21 1:00 PM

SKY HARBOR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (PHX)

PHOENIX SKY HARBOR ARPT

1805 E SKY HARBOR CIRCLE SOUTH

PHOENIX, AZ 85034

Drop-OffSunday, March 29 1:00 PM

SKY HARBOR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (PHX)

PHOENIX SKY HARBOR ARPT

1805 E SKY HARBOR CIRCLE SOUTH

PHOENIX, AZ 85034

VendorAlamo

Car TypeIntermediate

G6 Sedan or Similar

Rate Information 1 Week @ $525.82/week

1 Extra Day @ $75.12/day$600.94

Estimated Taxes and Fees $255.58

Total Price=$856.52

There are some running mid-sized/intermediates for around $550-$600 for the 8 days . . . but again my point was to compare same reservation made months ago to what is it today w/ the same company.

  • web design company
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment