Saturday, March 24, 2012

your dining suggestions in Scottsdale

Hello,



I see a lot of great restaurant suggestions on here already. I%26#39;m looking for suggestions for some %26#39;authentic%26#39;, Southwest style dining - local spots that are not too touristy or pricey. Also, any place w/tapas/appetizer style dining vs big, heavy meals. Lastly, suggestions for happy hours, fun bars w/drink specials %26amp; reasonably priced casual food, etc. (we are 2 single women in our early 40%26#39;s...so no college bars) Thank you so much!



your dining suggestions in Scottsdale


Los Sombreros 2534 N. Scottsdale Rd.; Carlsbad Tavern 3313 N. Hayden Rd www.carslbadtavern.com; Roaring Fork 4800 N. Scottsdale Rd. www.eddiev.com



your dining suggestions in Scottsdale


correction: www.carlsbadtavern.com




Tried to help on your previous post... :-)




Thank you, both. It%26#39;s good to see that a few people on my different posts have named the same restaurants. That tells me that they will be good. The Roaring Fork looks great for HH apps %26amp; drinks...yum! I can%26#39;t wait to go now! Thanks again, I really appreciate the feedback :)




Aztchr, you did help...a lot! I just didn%26#39;t realize I posted it on the AZ forum instead of the Scottsdale forum so I copied it over to this one when someone pointed it out to me. Thank you :)




Tapas are Spanish not Southwest/Mexican, and are usually served in bars. Most Mexican restaurants have ';little cravings'; or antojitos on their menus which may not be labeled so, but will be listed as appetizers or side items. For example, you can get one enchilada instead of a plate with 2 plus rice and beans. Guacamole can usually be ordered in a small size.... and I always ask for sliced cucumber instead of chips.



My favorite place is Scottsdale is Los Olivos as much for the atmosphere as for the food. I also recently discovered that the Phoenix chain called Garcia%26#39;s has very good food.




Thank you very much for your suggestions...they sound good. I will check their menus online. Thanks!




I ate at both Digestif and Cowboy Ciao and both were excellent. Cowboy Ciao has a slight Southwest style influence. Neither place is touristy at all.






........our favorites are Barcelona%26#39;s N.Scotsdale rd and Greenway/Haydon, one of the largest indoor out door bars in North America, with outdoor firplaces and lots of lounge areas......great happy hour!



Sapparo%26#39;s N.Scotsdale rd, south of Kerland Commons (outdoor shopping plaza) fantastic martinis and appitizers for happy hour, sizzling atmosphere, again indoor outdoor Pacific Rim



Wildfish Seafood Grille along the river at Fashion Square......great bar area and interesting appitizers offered during happy hour! Take a look at their dinner menu, one of the best fish places in Scotsdale!



Have fun, cheers!




Thank you ofr the last 2 posts, however, we have already returned from our trip! Had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment