Thursday, April 19, 2012

Drive from Sedona to GCNP

Could someone please give me more details on what the roads are like from Sedona to GCNP? Easy leisure driving or more demanding?



Also should I be expecting snow on the roads during daylight hours at the end of March?



Thanks!



Drive from Sedona to GCNP


Fairly easy drive of about 2 hours. If you take highway 89 (Oak Creek Canyon) from Sedona it is very scenic, but also VERY slow and winding. The rest of the drive (I%26#39;ve only taken highway 180 from Flagstaff to Grand Canyon) is a very easy drive on which you can go relatively fast.





I%26#39;ve been in mid-November and October, and didn%26#39;t see any snow on the road itself, but some off to the side near Flagstaff. I%26#39;d think late-March would be similar.



Drive from Sedona to GCNP


Weatherwise expect anything. I%26#39;ve found myself once in a hailstorm in Flagstaff in the middle of summer, and March is simply unpredictable.



Both main roads from Flagstaff to GC are in excellent condition though, easy driving.



And while you do need patience for Oak Creek Canyon just because it%26#39;s a winding road, its breathtaking beauty is worth every minute !




Thank you both for your input. I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment